Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Readers write -- Councillor Garlick's message.


I would like to confirm that I have submitted my papers to run for mayor of the District of Coldstream in the upcoming municipal election. I continue to believe in the points I did when I ran for council in the last election:
  • transparent government that listens to and involves the community
  • affordable taxes and services
  • safeguarding existing water supplies and developing new sources of water
  • thoughtful long-term planning for future development with community involvement
  • preventing urban sprawl
  • protecting agricultural lands
  • preserving open spaces, natural beauty and environmentally sensitive areas
  • a politically independent Coldstream
I hope to work with a group of people on council with similar thinking. Jim Garlick

Councillor

District of Coldstream

9901 Kalamalka Road, Coldstream, BC V1B 1L6

Email jimgarlick@msn.com

**************************************************************************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is really good news. thank you so much for letting your name stand for Mayor of Coldstream.

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.