To honour our lakes
and bring greater awareness to the threat of invasive Quagga and Zebra mussels
please board your favourite water vessel and join the
“SPLASH MOB” PHOTO OP
at the north end of Kalamalka Lake
*The Society for the Protection of Kalamalka Lake (SPrKL)* and *Protect our Fresh Water*
Sunday July 24th 2016
launching by 9:30 am. from Kal Beach and other accesses
Important Note: The RCMP will be on the lake so to avoid a big fine please wear a life jacket!
BE SURE TO READ THE IMPORTANT INFO BELOW!
Splash Mob is this Sunday!
Thank you for registering. At this point, it looks like we'll have at least 100 boats in the water, and more are registering every day.
Here are several important details for everyone to know:
1) We'll be mustering at Kal Beach and launching @ 9:30. There is plenty of parking directly behind Kal Beach, along Kal Lake Road east of Alexander's Beach Pub, and also parking along Westkal Road west of the beach.
2) Remember to WEAR YOUR PFD's. You are required by law to be wearing one if you're out on the lake. The RCMP boat will be on Kal Lake on Sunday. They are aware of our event and don't want to be bad guys, but let's not put them in the position where they have to be. If you're planning on bringing a floaty or air mattress and you don't own a PFD, you'll join the circle at the portion closest to the beach. The RCMP have told us that if you're close to the beach without a PFD, you won't be breaking the law.
3) Our circle flotilla will be formed by 10:00 a.m.. The centre of the circle will be a few hundred feet off of Kal Beach. In the centre will be a large floating sign that spells out the words "STOP INVASIVE MUSSELS."
4) Air mattresses and floaties will form the North side of the circle, closest to the beach. Kayaks, canoes, and SUP's will form the East and West sides of the circle. Boats with any kind of motor will form the South side of the circle, farthest from the beach.
5) We have a team of 3 professional cinematographers from Rubicon Cinema joining us. They will be filming the whole event with their big, badass drone.
6) We'll stay in the circle formation for about 20 minutes, long enough for our cinematographers to capture the event adequately.
7) I will be on a megaphone for the entire event, to make sure everything flows and comes together!
We're super excited for this Sunday. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email us back. See you on the water!