Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Readers write -- Coldstream has two choices for Mayor on November 15.

It seems to me that you should vote for the person able to uphold the Official Community Plan; have transparency in all things and not to have an Agenda. A Mayor and Council MUST make the final decisions and not let Administration sway them in any way.
This person in my estimation is Jim Garlick. He was absent when the vote was taken to dismiss ( let go) Leo as Fire Chief.
Glen Taylor has had a Vendetta against Firemen , and one in particular. If you want to know why get in touch with him. Glen was a liason from Council to the Coldstream Fire Department for a while, and then he and Mary Malerby were given the job of being on the New Fire Hall committee.
He also voted, I am sure, to have the Sewer line go from McClounie up Kal Lake Road and eventually to Mackie Drive and Coldstream Meadows. (McClounie, Kal Lake Road, Giles Drive and then to Mackie).
There are many choices for Councillor, the best advice is vote for the person(s) who will put Coldstream First, but please VOTE.
Angie Kitcher

***********************************************************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.