Monday, October 6, 2008

Garlick seeks mayor's chair -- Pete McIntyre, KISSFM

A current Coldstream councillor is looking to take over the District's top position.

Jim Garlick has filed papers to run for mayor.

The high school teacher is in his first term as councillor and becomes the first candidate for Coldstream mayor.

Meantime, it looks like Armstrong will have a race as Ernest Haller has filed to run for mayor, and it's anticipated councillor Chris Pieper will also seek the job currently held by the retiring Jerry Oglow.

Spallumcheen has a three way race for the top job as incumbent Will Hansma and Dustin Griffen have joined former mayor Guenter Rieger in the hunt.

It continues to be slow in Vernon with Peter Greening the only person to file Monday, bringing the list of councillor candidates to 3, and Wayne Lippert alone on the ballot for mayor.

The deadline for nominations is Friday.

**************************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.