Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Selected articles MS -- 2008-11-05

Perhaps Mr. Dirk should not be so concerned about lack of experience on the future Council. There is Mr. Firman with three years of experience and I also had 9 years experience (3 years as Mayor). In addition, I have been following local politicians' activities and I was not too impressed with some of Council's decisions (water issues, sewer issues, Spicer Block, 9.19% tax increase proposal and the treatment of the Fire Department). Unless he opposed the "let go" proposal of the fire chief, his concern "...with the relationship of the fire halls" sounds hollow.

The Lavington Community Association is worthy group and I commend him for being a volunteer but being a volunteer in the Coldstream Ratepayers Association is equally commendable yet some members of Council consider it a "special interest group". I hope he does not have the same view of the CRA.


*****************************************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.