Friday, November 14, 2008

Election 2008 -- The other side of a testimonial!

The following testimonial for Mr Taylor is from former Mayor Brian Postill.

Mayor Postill distinguished himself for having been in conflict and had to excuse himself every time Coldstream Meadows issues came up in Council. Not to worry, Mr Taylor faithfully supported the development against all the negative input from the taxpayers. He also ensured that the sewer extension was carried out at taxpayers' expense.

The total sewer cost to Coldstream Meadows was $540,000. That covered the 2.5 km long sewer extension. Taxpayers cost was $1,390,515. This expenditure was supported by Mr Taylor.

No wonder Mr Postill would consider such faithful ally worthy of retaining as Mayor! Could taxpayers consider him an asset to manage their finances? I would hardly think so!

********************************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too true!!

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.