Friday, November 14, 2008

Pete McIntyre, News Director, KISS FM responds.

Just to respond to the comments that are questioning my journalistic integrity.
I stand by my story.

'Heads could roll' is a figure of speech that means people could lose their jobs.
It's a very common phrase and by no means was it sensationalism. In fact, if you listen back to the tape of the actual show, I said right after Jim talked about the issue, "So heads could roll if Jim Garlick becomes the new mayor", and Jim said nothing in response.

I have the tape if anyone wants to hear it.

I have no problem and absolutely no bias against Jim Garlick. I respect his opinions and think he's a fine candidate for mayor. My job is to report the news and quite frankly, his comments made for a hell (of) a good news story.

But don't be blaming the messenger for creating the controversy.
Peter McIntyre
News Director
KISS FM

**********************************************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pathetic! You should apologize for your obvious attempt to misguide the listeners of your radio station. You were not quoting the man, therefore you were trying to draw a conclusion from his statements and imply (quite wrongly) that Mr. Garlick had knives out for 'certain' people. Jim Garlick is intelligent enough to stear clear of your obvious attempt at making him sound like a man with a grudge. YOU were trying to get him to say something sensationalist. He wisely didn't comply. YOU then went ahead and used your yellow journalism skills.

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.