Friday, November 14, 2008

Readers write -- Response to KISS FM.

Hi Pete,

I just wanted to let you know that I thought that your latest report (Nov.13th, 2008 Candidate Pledges Management Changes), was unfair and biased... I'm not sure if that was your intent but that is how it came across. I would have thought that you would have picked up on the fundamental differences between the candidates, instead of sensationalizing a comment taken out of context. Glen Taylor has stated in the Morning Star that his reason for running is that he is on the opposite side of the spectrum from Jim Garlick. Yet throughout his campaign he has tried to confuse voters by taking on Jim's platform "smart growth, thoughtful development, adhering to the OCP, transparent government, democratic process, cooperation not amalgamation, fiscal responsibility etc.. If these positions were really Glen Taylor's then perhaps he would have chosen to run for Council with Garlick as a popular Mayor and saved himself a lot of money, trouble, and ultimately humiliation. I hear he bought about 100 hot dogs to win the Home Depot Hot Dog Poll - it may not be that easy to buy the Coldstream electorate.

sincerely yours,

Maria Besso

*******************************************************************


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria, you have only heard Mr. Taylor speak at 4 open forums and one radio forum yet you hit the nail precisely on the head. You do deserve a spot on Council.

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Maria.
A man who can't face losing a darn hot dog vote obviously does not have the maturity to be a mayor.

I appreciate your ability to see the bias in the Vernon media. They really are 'yellow journalists'. They pick a quote here or there, blow it out of proportion and misguide the readers/listeners to the true message the candidate was getting at. Pathetic!! I hope they treat you with fairness and integrity. (I won't hold my breathe though.)

Also, BRAVO on your win.

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.