Saturday, September 6, 2008

Invitation to a Family Picnic and Celtic Concert.


Hi Gyula,

On a happier note than the upcoming Coldstream Council Meeting on Monday night - I was wondering if you could forward to all the Rate Payers information about a Music Concert on the Lawns of the Mackie Lake House on Sunday night Sept . 7th (yes tomorrow).

I am now confident that the weather will cooperate and it should be a wonderful show - the Cats and the Fiddle is a six person band lead by Susan Aylard one of the First Violins for the Okanagan Symphony. They will be playing an eclectic mix of Celtic, Classical, and popular tunes and they do wonderful vocals and harmonies. Christine Pilgrim (a local actress) will be there as Mrs. Mackie (our hostess) and I have just heard that Rosemary Thomson (the conductor/music director, of the Okanagan Symphony) and her family will also be there (with a photographer from Okanagan Life Magazine).

I think this is a great event for all of Coldstream - the Mackie Lake House is something we should all be proud of !

All proceeds from the concert go to benefit the Okanagan Symphony in Vernon. Tickets will be available at the Gate.

Hope to see you there

Cheers,

Maria
*****************************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.