Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Further info on last night's Council meeting.

Further to last night's Council meeting in Lavington:

There was a problem, as usual, with the acoustics of the gym. It was difficult to speak to Council as well as letting the audience hear what was said. We need to have a speaker system used there when we expect a huge crowd.

Mayor Corner assured me that there will be answers to my questions regarding the status of water improvements.

An interesting comment came from Councillor Dirk who emphasized that the Master Water Plan is "dead". He indicated that what's happening is inconsistent with the promised MWP and they are more or less "improvising".

Councillor Malerby, on the other hand, expressed her total faith in the plan and she actually believes that we will get improved water within our lifetime. She might be right when we consider the younger generation. However she ignored the fact that we have already been paying for improved water for six years. Even if the Duteau Creek plant gets completed the quality of water it will provide will be inferior to that produced by the Kalamalka Treatment Plant.

I will post the response from Council when it is received.


**********************************************************


No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.