Thursday, April 17, 2008

GVSC meeting -- 2008-04-17.

Greater Vernon Services Committee had its monthly regular meeting this morning. Here are a couple of highlights(?) of the meeting.

Jack Borden appeared before the committee on behalf of Coldstream Meadows (CM) and requested significant refund of their water and parks DDC's. His justification was that they are a congregate care facility and therefore they are justified elimination of those DCC's. I just wonder if this claim is approved will CM refund the portion of the DCC's to customers who have already purchased their units.
Next th
e Rare Earth Jazz and Blues Festival representatives proposed a concert for the August long weekend at the Kin Race Tracks. Directors appeared to receive the proposal favourably but final decision will be made later.

You will be thrilled to know that the water rates are now 80 cents per cubic meter with an additional flat rate of $27.63 per quarter ($110.52 per year). Take a look at comparative water rates in Penticton, Kelowna and Greater Vernon. Penticton appears to be comparable but Kelowna's rates are very progressive as they increase rates with increased consumption.

Sewer rates I could only find for Kelowna and, as expected it's a "bit lower" than it is in Coldstream (about a third of Coldstream rates).

****************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.