Sunday, June 14, 2009

Selected articles, Morning Star -- June 14, 2009

Coldstream news!




Letters to the Editor!



Water devolution!




According to the Editorial all parties are at fault on this issue. Apparently, the editorial writer considers debate to be "a peeing match".

How much clearer can Coldstream get?

All participants (Vernon, Coldstream, and Electoral Areas "B" and "C") agreed on a set of principles when joining in the Master Water Plan. Coldstream contributed its water reserves of about a million dollars and its water licenses with significant extra capacity. Vernon brought in its deficit both in terms of water license capacity and in actual dollars.

I personally would not have signed such one sided, nebulous and faulty agreement. However, our predecessors found it acceptable and we must honour the agreement. Our taxpayers paid dearly for the essentially unimproved water but I personally feel that a deal is a deal.

Council only wants to have the agreement maintained and try to negotiate improvements to the contract where possible, not break the contract. Now, Dear Editor, that should be a clear enough statement! My personal opinion but I trust the rest of the Council essentially agree!

*****************************************************************


No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.