Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Water Referendum Open House in Coldstream last night


Last night's presentation of the need for the $70 million referendum did not fetch any more interest than did the presentation at the Schubert Centre. For comparison I included photos of both attendance.

One thing I found quite interesting. When questioned about what would happen if the referendum failed, Interior Health representative stated that we would have to go back to the drawing board and see how the plan could be improved. That was exactly what some of the GVAC representatives promoted before the North Okanagan Regional District's Board of Directors approved the current plan.

******************************************************************************

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they may have to go back to the "drawing board" as they said. In my opinion it won't get the go ahead.

Anonymous said...

Definite no from me. An independent 3rd party review
of the Master Plan is needed. I can't abide with the lunacy of putting filtered water on fields. And what about all the silent politicians??

Coldstreamer said...

Don't worry, I make up for the silence!!

Anonymous said...


Vote no. Leave Duteau for irrigation and put proper plant in to treat Kal Lake water for consumption.
Too stupid/scared to admit Duteau was a bad decision and a waste of money so they will throw good money after bad rather than admit the error.
Time to oust some of the politicians and 'staff'

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.