Thursday, September 13, 2012

Peachland evacuees robbed

by Wayne Moore - Story: 80378
Sep 12, 2012 / 10:45 am

It would appear a family evacuated as a result of the Trepanier Creek Forest Fire have more pressing concerns.
Their truck and camper were stolen overnight from the parking lot of the Super 8 Motel on Highway 97 in Kelowna where they had been staying.

Not much information is known at this time, however, RCMP Cst. Kris Clark confirms a green Dodge Ram 3500, with a 10'2" Northern Light Camper were stolen sometime overnight.

Clark says staff at the motel may have seen the vehicle leaving about 1:30 Wednesday morning.

A Twitter posting Wednesday morning say the truck and camper did indeed belong to people evacuated from the fire zone.

Anyone with information on the theft is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online at www.crimestoppers.net to report.

********************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.