Sunday, May 29, 2011

Anti HST Town Hall Meeting.


Over a hundred people attended the Anti HST Town Hall Meeting at the Schubert Centre this afternoon in Vernon. Chris Delaney and Bill Vander Zalm provided an interesting review of the reasons why people should vote YES at the upcoming referendum in order to extinguish the HST. The crowd appeared to favour the extinguishing of the HST. The attached pamphlet is for your perusal and you are encouraged by the presenters to share the information with your friends and neighbours. If you are interested there are lawn signs and posters available from Rod Bazew and the rest of the local organizers.





An excerpt of the Penticton presentation of the same presenters can be found at Fight the HST.


**********************************************************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the leaps of logic:

- HST is linked directly to a province's unemployment rate?
- Two taxes are simpler than one?
- Businesses are now evading taxes because they are required to pay the HST, instead of the GST+PST?

Seriously, who is buying this???

Vanderzalm and his crew cannot even count to 10 - this pamphlet lists 11 reasons "why HST is bad for BC" - and no other solutions are provided, nor are the benefits of the PST listed - or aren't there any?

Coldstreamer said...

If the HST was as good as you say it is it should have been introduced during the election campaign so we could have judged it before it was introduced. instead, they sneaked in after the election as if they were trying to get away with a nasty tax increase.

I can personally see how it affects me when I go to the store, engage a trades person or have a restaurant meal. I do not need an economist to tell me how good HST is for me. I remember what economists did to the world's financial health just a couple of years ago. So I consider HST on its merits and vote accordingly.

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.