Friday, May 27, 2011

Anti HST Town Hall Meeting

Bill Vander Zalm & Chris Delaney at Schubert Centre (Kiss FM file photo)The proposed changes to the HST will be the subject of a meeting this weekend in Vernon. Tax opponents Bill Vander Zalm, the former Social Credit Premier, and Chris Delaney from Fight HST will speak at at town hall meeting at the Schubert Centre this Sunday at noon. Organizer Rod Baziw says people will be able to ask questions. "They're going to inform the public exactly what the HST is applied to, not what the government says." Baziw says most polls he's seen still show a majority against the tax. He doesn't trust the government to follow through on a promise to reduce the tax to 10 percent by July 2014. "If they get reelected, they're probably just going to jack it way up." Baziw plans to continue efforts to recall Vernon MLA Eric Foster, perhaps later this year.
Bill Vander Zalm & Chris Delaney at Schubert Centre (Kiss FM file photo)

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.