Thursday, May 21, 2009

Selected articles, Morning Star -- May 20, 2009



------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Council will address the issues raised by Richard.

Richard’s article, nevertheless, revealed something I should have known before, namely that “Even that plastic-wrapped steak you purchase in the grocery store was once a living creature”. This is truly a revelation for me.

Something puzzles me though. How many taxpayers’ should complain before Council considers action? As Richard says: “...how can the views of one person be allowed to negatively impact countless others?” Perhaps he could suggest a reasonable number! On the other hand, if he does that he should collect a number of other individuals supporting his numbers or else Council cannot act upon it!

Regardless the language of the new Firearm Bylaw, farmers and orchardists always had the right to protect their crop through the Right to Farm legislation. It was noted at the last meeting though that deer are nocturnal and shooting them is not allowed after dusk. As well, the Wildlife Act also regulates hunting that seems to supersede the right to farm legislation. So, in the end, regardless of the new, improved bylaw farmers might still have their actions controlled and might have to protect their crops by fencing.

**********************************************************************


No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.