Sunday, May 3, 2009

Media Release -- Rafe Mair endorses NDP candidate Mark Olsen

Rafe Mair endorses NDP candidate Mark Olsen in Vernon Monashee

Sunday, May 3, 2009 .

VERNON — Mark Olsen, the NDP candidate for Vernon Monashee, received a public endorsement from Rafe Mair.

Mair says the Liberal energy policy is one in which “no one but industry had a hand in formulating [and] will ruin an ever-increasing number of rivers.”

Mair, a former Social Credit environment minister, endorsed Olsen at a public meeting at the Schubert Centre today.

Rafe Mair is concerned that Campbell and the BC Liberals are destroying the publicly-owned utility, BC Hydro, and that they are handing over BC’s water rights to international corporate interests. “This election, for me, boils down to a single issue—the environment and the plans by Campbell to deface and destroy the province I was born in and love and where seven out of my eight grandchildren live.”

Mark Olsen is a school bus driver for School District 22. He is president of the school district's support workers, and a passionate advocate for public education.

- 30 -

Contact:
Mark Olsen

markolsn@telus.net
ph. 250 540-4637

Donna Easto, media relations

donnaeasto@gmail.com

**************************************************************************************


No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.