Friday, June 8, 2012

Water Sources Switched

Written by Peter McIntyre 107.5 KISSFM  Friday, 08 June 2012 16:46

Greater Vernon Water has switched water sources for some customers. Customers usually served by the Mission Hill Treatment Plant are now being supplied by the Duteau Creek Plant. Water quality manager Renee Clark says it's due to increased turbidity at the Kalamalka Lake intake caused by the heavy rainfall. "Staff will be continually monitoring turbidity at the Kalamalka Lake intake and the Mission Hill Water Treatment Plant will be put back on line when the turbidity returns to acceptable conditions." In the meantime, customers are asked to limit outdoor water use where possible.

************************************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.