Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Coldstream Wants Water Mediation Shelved -- by Glen Morrison

Coldstream is asking for a bit of second thought in the ongoing issue of Greater Vernon Water devolution.

Coldstream Mayor Jim Garlick says his council is making a request now that Vernon has decided to appeal a ruling by an arbitrator.

"We are also going into mediation, and we're just saying maybe the mediation should go on hold until the appeal of the arbitration is finished."

Garlick says it doesn't make much sense to be negotiating and having court action at the same time.

"The (legal action) could negate everything you're working towards. It doesn't make much sense. Either chose one direction or the other."

Garlick says they're a long way from a resolution on the issue however it might be accomplished.

***********************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.