Monday, March 23, 2009

Green Party candidate declares.


I am pleased to advise you that I will run as provincial candidate during the upcoming BC provincial elections. I have decided to do so because of the excellent results obtained during the last federal elections, particularly in the polls that make up the provincial riding of Vernon-Monashee, where we actually won in many of them.

The major reason given by those who voted for me is that they trust me to represent their needs, and trust I could help them build vibrant communities with regional sustainable economies that benefit us all. People point to the economic crisis and local industry closures as yet another proof that it's more important to change our leaders than our light bulbs!

I am convinced that a leader with vision who is prepared to work hard could do a lot to build a sustainable and resilient economy. We know what to do, we have a lot of examples of what works: local manufacturing, local food production, energy conservation, green retrofits of homes and buildings. People know what is needed, but cannot do it within the current political system because that system is designed to benefit multinationals at the expense of local jobs, and a sustainable environment.

A strong leader would speak up for redirecting investments from short-term dirty jobs towards clean sustainable industry, and for shifting taxes to benefit local industry rather than multinationals, such as removing provincial sales tax from made-in-BC goods.

I have proven I can succeed at what I undertake and look forward to this provincial electoral campaign so I can inform voters on the many issues that must be urgently addressed. If elected, I will work ceaselessly to stop the privatization of BC's rivers and power, to protect our public healthcare system, and to implement water and waste infrastructures that protect our water for all British Columbians.

Huguette Allen,
Candidate - Vernon-Monashee
Green Party of BC
Phone: 250.547.0272 cell: 250.309.5973
www.VoteAllen.ca

***********************************************************************************


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope this doesn't split the progressive vote!!!!

What about a concensus candidate that can actually be part of a sitting government?

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.