Sunday, December 14, 2008

Letter to the Editor -- Morning Star

This letter to the editor penned my Mr Borden has the issues confused. The issue here is: who should have paid for the sewer extension? Coldstream Meadows needed to connect to sewer thus they should have constructed the entire sewer main from their property to McClounie Road. Council would have been within its legal rights to require that.

The policy of Council is that sewer extension is development driven. That happened to all the developments on Middleton Mountain, the Highlands subdivis
ion and most recently on Aberdeen Road. The only exception to this policy was the line built at the expense of sewer utility customers from McClounie to Aberdeen Road. Furthermore, Coldstream Meadows was not charged a connection fee upon connecting up to 160 units to this line while all other customers are charged a connection fee of $2,000. The public interest would have required the developer to pay the cost of his sewer connection.

********************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.