Monday, July 28, 2008

Council meeting --July 28, 2008

Tonight's Council meeting was quite a tame affair. I was not allowed to present my submission to Council, it was received and filed. I wonder if they even read it. Councillor Garlick is traveling and no other member would make any comment on my pointed questions.

However, a few irate citizens showed protesting the major traffic tie-ups in front of their residences by the Kalview boat lunch. Apparently, during weekends there are line ups of boats trying to get in or out of the lake and residents are blocked from entering their homes or leaving. Chair person Mallerby was not saying much about the wonderful resolution of the increased capacity GVSC created after purchasing the old home.

Some of you might remember the public outcry trying to prevent the expansion. They were reassured that it will all be fine. It seems all is not fine. One resident complained that a boat flipped off its trailer and landed in his yard. These residents are paying high taxes living on the lake and they find themselves in the middle of a commercial zone. It seems boat owners rather fight through the congestion since boat launching is free here, while they have to pay a few bucks if they launched at Kekuli Bay. Go figure!


*************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.