Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Attention CRA and Advocate members!

Just so you know…

There may be some misinformation coming through a telephone near you!


Tonight my husband Paul and I received a phone call from a female “YES” campaigner. When I told her she was calling the wrong person, as I was a solid “NO” voter, she politely asked, “May I ask why?”


I of course, said that it’s just wrong to use prime agricultural land like the Spicer block for the purpose of a mega sports complex. Before I could go on any further, she interrupted me and said something to the effect that, I should know that the land has been slated for development for a long time and that it will just go to housing if we don’t put a park there and that the ranch owners have said they are willing to consolidate parcels of the ranch.


At this point I put speaker phone on and asked her to repeat what she had said. She did so. Then Paul asked her where she had heard that. There was a pause. Then Paul said something to the effect, that he is a member of the Coldstream Advisory Planning Committee and that the members were told that the ranch ownership was not interested in consolidation.


Further, he said that if she didn’t know what she had said to be fact, she was being deceitful and shouldn’t be telling people that.



There was dead silence for at least 5 seconds, then she said, “Ok, goodbye."



Paul called Al McNiven immediately and asked him if what she had said was true. Al said that he had not heard that information.


If you get a call from the “Yes” side and he/she uses that unproven information, please get their name and number and call me at 542-9109.

Louise Christie


Hope to see you tomorrow night, after 5pm, Thursday, Dec. 6 at the 4th Annual CRA Pot-luck at the Women’s Institute Hall!

Please bring your own plate, cutlery and liquid refreshments as well as some food to share.

***************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.