Monday, November 3, 2014

 

1984first.jpg
 This Information Bulletin must have used George Orwell's novel: 1984 as the model for information dissemination.

To my knowledge there was life and there were Master Water Plan projects prior to 2012. Otherwise it would be hard explain the expenditure of $66 million from 2002 to today. 

It is relatively easy to justify the current plan if we ignore the past 11 years. However, in 2002 a different team of the three privet engineering firms presented an entirely different approach, in my opinion significantly less expensive and more sensible than the current proposal that the staff and politicians of the time embraced wholeheartedly. Yet there is no reference to it by the author of the Bulletin. In fact, staff keeps referring to this plan as Phase 1 yet we have all sorts of infrastructure components that were constructed using money from the previous Phase 1.

While there are many developments that may resemble the world of 1984 we should try to be more respectful of our current taxpayers when it comes to accurate presentation of facts.

*****************************************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.