Saturday, December 29, 2012

Former mayor not behind civil claim against Wal-Mart.

Julia Wong, CHBC News : Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:35 PM 

A former Okanagan mayor wants you to know that he is not behind a claim against retail giant Wal-Mart.
On Friday, a Canadian Press story said Gyula Kiss was launching a lawsuit against Wal-Mart for selling him a heater that he supposedly claimed had sparked a fire that burned down his house.

But on Saturday, Kiss tells CHBC News that is far from the real story.
more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of my readers wonder why I was so concerned about having my name used as the principal in a legal action against Wal-Mart. It's quite simple: it made me look greedy. My insurance company compensated me for my loss adequately and my suggested action against Wal-Mart would have appeared as seeking additional financial gain from my unfortunate accident. This is not the case and that is why I went out of my way to set the record strait. Julia Wong of CHBC News did a terrific job in righting the story. Thank you Julia and CHBC News.

Gyula

******************************************************************************

,

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.