Saturday, June 26, 2010

Selected articles -- Morning Star, June 25, 2010.






Mr Foster appears to be confused. He is quoted as saying:
“I don’t get bullied. People elected me to represent them to the best of my ability and I still believe it is good public policy,” and “I won’t be bullied by (Fight HST leader) Bill Vander Zalm.”

He forgets about the over 12,000 people who signed the petition against the HST and whom he wants to represent to the best of his ability. Perhaps we misjudged his abilities. Should it not be the public who decides the best public policy? Shifting $1.9 billion in taxes to the individual taxpayers from business does not seem to be the best policy for the public. To me it appears that Mr Gordon Campbell and his party who are doing the bullying and as far as I know they did not vote for Mr Foster.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------



**************************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.