Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Readers' Write.

Hello Andy and Tony,

Thanks for the info taxpayer's Group sent out. There are many excellent points in your brief to the public. There are many items not mentioned by GVS that are very important to Coldstream residents: Is the costs of extending water and sewer lines to the area as the present infrastructure would certainly not provide the required water or sewage capacity. Would that be 100% responsibility to Coldstream or?? Also what new infrastructure would Coldstream and / or GVS have to pay for to provide the required Hydro systems? What are costs associated with burying the present watercourse through the property and what are costs to have that vast acreage leveled to allow buildings, ball fields, tennis courts, parking areas etc. place on the site.

Would Aberdeen Road need to be be widened? Have the neighbours been polled about how they would react to noise, flood lights etc. in their front and/or backyards? Unfortunately I will be out of town on September 6th and also on date of Coldstream Meeting. I do hope that there will be a huge turnout and that Coldstream or GVS doesn't try ramming this forward, especially after the lesson given Vernon in the last 10 days.

Will add more as I learn more about the "Fields" in discussions with friends and neighbours. Will pass on anything that surfaces from this end.

Good luck and keep up the Good Work about informing the public.

Cheers,

Name withheld.

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.