Tuesday, August 28, 2007

CHBC News -- Paving Paradise?

http://www.chbc.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14635

There are two issues that bother me in the report.

1. "It is not necessary to go to the public. We just want to inform people" (Mayor Corner).

Since the proposal is a major change in the OCP the public indeed must be involved.

2. "The second meeting is open to all residents of the Greater Vernon area."

At this meeting Coldstream Council will debate if they should support the proposed changes to the OCP. People living outside of Coldstream should be able to follow the proceedings but should not be involved in the debate. They should be involved when the actual plans, complete with time lines and costs are debated at a future date if Council opts to support the application to the ALR and the ALR actually aproves the plans.

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.