Sunday, August 26, 2018

An apology - For having neglected my blog for a number of months.

Looking back at my last post I realize that I have not updated my blog since March. For this I apologize to my readers! My excuse is that I have had a number of unfortunate deaths of close friends and I was unable to collect my thoughts well enough to put them into writing. My great friend's, City Councillor Bob Spiers, death was a crushing blow to my inspiration. His encouragement and support in my efforts to try improving the Greater Vernon Master Water Plan. Rest in peace, Bob, mu good Buddy!

A local election is coming up in October and I think some of the readers will be interested in the candidates vying for office in the Greater Vernon area.

They might also be interested in the opinions published in the local Morning Star by various letter writers. Re-publishing readers opinions does not necessarily mean endorsement of the opinion of the writer.

Obviously, the issue of the Master Water Plan will probably be discussed again. It is well known that this writer (and Coldstream Councillor) is not enthralled by the plan and will likely explain WHY! 

So Dear Readers, welcome back and I hope you will like (or dislike! who knows) what will be reported on these pages.

Welcome:

Gyula

********************************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.