Monday, October 31, 2016

Selected Morning Star Newsclips - In case you missed them.



 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I wish to express my thanks to Richard Rolke for his excellent report, not so much for myself but for the fact that his article kept in focus the nearly forgotten events sixty years ago. My activities were relatively minor never coming close to the sacrifices many of my countrymen and women offered up. Many of them gave their lives or spent long sentences in prison.

As many of you know, my rebellious roots are still feeding my rebellious mind. Many people ask me how I can carry on with my water issues against so much opposition from my peers. Perhaps the above article shed some light on the reasons. I believe that the current MWP is not in the right direction and I can prove it using the reports provided by the consultants and staff.

Establishing the Research Station in Vernon was one of the toughest fights I had to do in my professional life. All my peers voted against the move: it was only my superior who believed in me and convinced the Government that the move would be beneficial. It was. I carried out literature research and made my personal observations that convinced me that the move would deliver the expected results.

In order to show that the scruffy appearance appearing above eventually improved so I am including my graduation photo that was taken in 1959, two years after the scruffy pictures.

************************************************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.