Saturday, June 13, 2015

Man in custody after Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park fire

posted Jun 13, 2015 at 4:00 PM

A suspect has been arrested after a fire in Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park.

On Friday at about 9:25 p.m., the RCMP received a report of a fire in the park near Cosens Bay.

"A male suspect found in the area of the fire was detained by firefighters who had responded to fight the fire," said Gord Molendyk, with the RCMP.

At one point, it was reported the flames were about 20 feet high and covered an area of 20 feet by 60 feet.

"Upon arrival, we found an area in a steep portion of the park with four to five citizens actioning the fire from the lake side. Without there quick action it would have been a different outcome," said Dave Sturgeon, Coldstream fire chief .

"I would like to express my sincere gratitude for their help in the efforts as our biggest challenge was gaining access to the site."

B.C. Forestry firefighters also responded to the scene.

The 24-year-old suspect remains in custody and the investigation continues.

***************************************************************************************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.