Saturday, July 13, 2013

Photo gallery - Eurasian Collared Doves - Debbie.

We have a pair of Eurasian Collared Doves visiting us and hanging out with their relatives the Mourning Doves.  This is the first and only time I have ever seen them in the Okanagan.  There has been a sighting on the west coast and one as far north as Alaska.  They seem to be coming up from California. Note: compare the two doves in pictures 3, 4 and 5 to observe the differences.


*****************************************************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


Actually these doves have been in our area for a couple of years at least. Had one mixed in with Mourning Doves at feeder year before last.
Folks in Naturalist Club report their presence.

Debbie said...

OK. I was just going by what I had read about them. It seems some friends of ours have seen them recently, too. They are very cute.

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.