Sunday, February 14, 2010

Selected articles -- Morning Star,February 14, 2010.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------


I believe most of us know for whom we are working: our constituents.

It is us who receive complaints from the taxpayers when they are dissatisfied with service. It is our duty to address their concerns and rectify those concerns. Sometimes they do write to the Editor of this paper but most concerns come directly to us.

The facilitator's first report can be accessed here.


************************************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As the saying goes: there is only one taxpayer

This region has a rich supply of generous people who donate their time and money to worthy projects.

Not only does this volunteer spirit build community, it also allows for the provision of more services than taxpayers can
afford.

People vote with their feet.Our elected representatives might want to keep that in mind.

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.