Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Different directions.

Richard is right: This Council is going in a different direction then the previous one did. For one thing, we reaffirmed our commitment to our volunteer firemen. Taxpayers of Coldstream can rest assured that our fire protection is secure.

Staff members have a choice to go along or resign. Policy decisions are the prerogative of the representatives of the taxpayers and those are the elected members of Council. As one of my colleagues on Council said: "anyone can put out a sign on his/her front lawn during the campaign and ask for support."

Staff members have that same right. If elected, they can trade their wages for the wages of Council members (they don't measure up!) and can make policy decisions. Otherwise, their choices are restricted to two options. The Director of Finance made her choice and I, for one, wish her all the best in her future endeavors.


*******************************************************************


No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.