Friday, February 1, 2008

Paying Before Pumping Now the Law -- By Jessica Samuels, KISS FM

A change in how you pay for your gas has taken effect through-out BC.

Mandatory 'pay before you pump' rules started at midnight.

Drivers now have to pay before gassing up either right at the pump or at the cashier inside.

Keith Wood with Vernon's Esso stations says the new rules will take a lot of pressure off gas attendants.

"This whole law is for the safety and the welfare of the worker. It tremendously reduces the stress of the cashier because right now, people don't realize it, but if you're not paying at the pump they you are potentially a thief and we're watching you."

Wood says he expects negative response to be minimal as more than half of his customers already pay at the pump.

*****************************************

No comments:

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.