Thursday, October 4, 2007

NORD Appoints Governance Committee Members

By Pete McIntyre, KISS FM News.

The North Okanagan Regional District has taken the first step towards a review of the valley's governance structure.

The NORD board has appointed Vernon's Wayne Lippert, Armstrong's Jerry Oglow and Stan Field of BX-Silver Star to serve on a valley-wide committee that will develop a public input process on the governance issue.

Oglow says suggestions could include no changes, to having one regional district serving the whole valley.

'So there you have the two ends of the spectrum you've got people who want the status quo - everything is fine let's just tweak what we've got - to somebody who might suggest we need this mega-region. I don't think it will be one or the other. I think it will be somewher in the middle.'

Oglow feels issues that affect the entire Okanagan like water and transportation could end up being dealt with by a valley wide board but some services, continue to be provided locally.

The committee will have until the end of March to submit its findings to the province.

Note: There is no representation from Coldstream!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No real Vernon Rep either.

Anonymous said...

where is the "society for the future governance of the north ok" in all this?

Coldstream Ratepayers News! All Coldstream residents are ratepayers!

The opinions expressed by "Coldstreamer" are strictly his own and do not represent the opinions of Coldstream Council!

Because I value your thoughtful opinions, I encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Don't be offended if I edit your comments for clarity or to keep out questionable matters, however, and I may even delete off-topic comments.

Gyula Kiss
coldstreamer@shaw.ca;

***Coldstreamernews***

***Coldstreamernews***
We must protect our rights and freedom! (Photo courtesy of D. Gibson) Click on eagle to watch EAGLECAMS

About Me

My photo
I have been a resident of Coldstream since 1976. I have had 15 years of experience on Council, 3 years as Mayor. As a current Councillor I am working to achieve fair water and sewer rates and to ensure that taxpayers get fair treatment. The current direction regarding water supply is unsustainable and I am doing all I can to get the most cost effective water supply possible.